Do you need the legal authority to take care of someone else’s child or a disabled adult family member? CPB’s volunteers can help.

Capital Pro Bono can help you obtain guardianship over a minor child who is not your own. This may be necessary if the child’s parents are deceased or currently unable to care for the child. CPB can also provide advice if you need to get conservatorship over an adult. This may be needed to properly care for a disabled adult. CPB unfortunately cannot provide any help if the child or adult has money that needs to be managed.

If you would like more information or need advice or help with a guardianship or conservatorship please call (916) 551-2106 or fill out the Contact Us form on this site. You must be screened for eligibility for our services before receiving any assistance.